Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Przeskocz do głównego menu
Sign In
Academy of Young Economist Children’s Economic University Preparatory Courses in Economics Bachelor Studies Master Studies Post-Graduate Studies Doctoral Studies MBA Studies Language Courses Professional Trainings E-Learning University of Third Age Study in Polish

 Required Documents

Below you will find a complete list of documents required from Polish citizens in the admission procedure for first cycle studies:

1. The application form downloaded from the Internet Registration System:

  • signed by the candidate with qualified electronic signature (QES), Polish trusted profile (ePUAP) or your personal electronic signature (using e-dowód) – and submit them through the Internet Registration System (in the file format appropriate to the signature formOR
  • signed with a hand-written signature by the candidate or his/her representative - the document must be submitted directly to SGH;​
2. The written consent regarding your admission to studies downloaded from the Internet Registration System and signed by your parents or legal guardians (applicable only to underage applicants) - template will be available in the ISR;
3. The Polish maturity certificate, or an equivalent foreign document, for instance secondary school leaving certificate or high school diploma (including a supplement or transcript of grades, if applicable) entitling you to apply for admission to studies in the country (or in the education system) where your document was issued. In the case of non-Polish and non-EU/OECD/EFTA educational documents (IB and EB diplomas excluded), you should also:
  • legalise or apostille your certificate or diploma – read more about legalisation and apostille below;
    • submit a translation into Polish or English of your certificate or diploma (including its supplement – if applicable) – read more about translations below;
    • submit a decision on recognition of your school-leaving certificate or diploma – read more about this procedure below;
    Please note that the school-leaving certificate recognition requirement does not apply to IB and EB diplomas, documents issued in EU or OECD member states, as well as in China, Belarus, Ukraine and Libya.
    4. The document confirming your results in school contest or sporting achievement declared in the Internet Registration System as basis for awarding points (if applicable).
    5. The document confirming your knowledge of English (required only in the case of studies in English) – list of recognised documents (Polish only).
    6. identity card or passport (for inspection only) - you can also confirm your identity using mTożsamość​
    7. Power of attorney (only if the documents are submitted through a representative) - template will be available in ISR.


    All documents issued in a language other than Polish or English should be submitted along with their translation into Polish or English. If the translation is believed to be unreliable, UKR shall require a translation drafted by a person entered by the Ministry of Justice in the list of sworn translators or by an accredited in the Republic of Poland diplomatic representation or consular office of the state in which or within the education system of which the certificate was issued – for candidates with a foreign baccalaureate certificate.

    Legalisation (or apostille)

    If your degree diploma was issued by a non-Polish or non-EU/OECD/EFTA institution, you need to legalise it or endorse it with an apostille. Your diploma may be legalised by:

    • a consul of the Republic of Poland residing in th​e territory of the country where (or in the education system of which) the document was issued;
    • education authorities of the country where (or in the education system of which) the document was issued;
    • diplomatic representation or consular office of the country where (or in the education system of which) the document was issued, accredited in any EU/EFTA/OECD member state.

    If a country in which given document was issued is a party to The Hague Convention of 5 October 1961, legalisation is replaced by an apostille.

    The list of countries which signed to The Hague Convention can be found at

    Information concerning national bodies competent in the area of apostilles in each country can be found at

    School-leaving certificate or diploma recognition

    Such a procedure is conducted by Polish education offices, including the Education Office in Warsaw.

    Secondary school-leaving documents issued in EU/EFTA/OECD member states, in China, Belarus, Ukraine and Libya, as well as IB and EB diplomas, are recognised based on provisions of the Polish law and/or international agreements, therefore no additional recognition procedure is required.For more information, please go to the Education Office in Warsaw's webpage.

    Legal basis: RESOLUTION NO. 102 of the SENATE OF THE SGH WARSAW SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS of 26 May 2021 on the conditions and the recruitment procedure for the first year of full-time and part-time first- and second-cycle study programmes at the SGH Warsaw School of Economics in the academic year 2022/2023​​