Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Przeskocz do głównego menu
Sign In
Academy of Young Economist Children’s Economic University Preparatory Courses in Economics Bachelor Studies Master Studies Post-Graduate Studies Doctoral Studies MBA Studies Language Courses Professional Trainings E-Learning University of Third Age Study in Polish

 Required documents for studies in English


​Below you will find a complete list of documents required from international students in the admission procedure for studies in English:

1. Signed application form printed from the on-line registration system;
2. ID card issued in the European Union or passport (for inspection only);
3. Polish maturity certificate, or an equivalent foreign document, for instance secondary school leaving certificate or high school diploma (including a supplement, if applicable) entitling you to apply for admission to studies in the country (or in the education system) where your document was issued. 

In the case of non-Polish and non-EU educational documents (IB and EB diplomas excluded), you have to:
  • legalise or apostille your certificate or diploma – read more about legalisation and apostille below;
  • submit a sworn translation into Polish or English of your certificate or diploma (including its supplement - if applicable) – read more about accepted sworn translations below;
  • submit a decision on recognition of your school-leaving certificate or diploma as soon as possible after your arrival to Poland (start this procedure as soon as you arrive in Warsaw - if aplicable) – read more about this procedure below;
Please note that the school-leaving certificate recognition requirement does not apply to IB and EB diplomas, documents issued in EU or OECD/EFTA member states, as well as in China, Belarus, Ukraine and Libya.

4. A document confirming your knowledge of English list of recognised documents confirming proficiency in English​. If you have a different English certificate, you may be asked to participate in an online interview during the admission process (no additional charges apply).
5. Consent form the applicant's parents or legal guardians (applicable to applicants who are under 18 years old) - template will be in the registration system.

6. Power of attorney (applicable to candidates who wish to appoint a representative for managing the admission process) - template will be available soon

Please note that:
  • the documents should be submitted electronically through the Internet Registration System ('document scans' tab);
  • after your arrival to SGH, you should present the original documents within the deadline specified in the decision on admission;
  • you are required to sign a contract (sample)​ with SGH upon admission to the university.

Sworn translations

All documents issued in a language other than Polish or English should be submitted along with their sworn translation into Polish or English. A sworn translation can be done by:
  • a sworn translator registered by the Polish Ministry of Justice;
  • a sworn translator registered in any EU/EFTA/OECD member state;
  • a consul of the Republic of Poland residing in the territory of the country where the document was issued.

Regular translations can be certified by one of the above bodies. Translations certified by a notary are not recognised.

If you encounter any difficulties regarding translation of your documents, please contact the Admissions Office.

Legalisation (or apostille)

If your school leaving certificate or high school diploma was issued by a non-Polish or non-EU/OECD/EFTA institution, you need to legalise it or endorse it with an apostille. Your diploma may be legalised by:

  • a consul of the Republic of Poland residing in the territory of the country where (or in the education system of which) the document was issued;
  • education authorities of the country where (or in the education system of which) the document was issued;
  • diplomatic representation or consular office of the country where (or in the education system of which) the document was issued, accredited in any EU or EFTA/OECD member state.

If a country in which a given document was issued is a party to The Hague Convention of 5 October 1961, legalisation is replaced by an apostille. The list of countries which signed to The Hague Convention can be found on HCCH website. Information concerning national bodies competent in the area of apostilles in each country can be found on HCCH website.

Secondary education certificate recognition

Such a procedure is conducted by Polish education offices, including the Education Office in Warsaw. Secondary school-leaving documents issued in EU or OECD/EFTA member states, in China, Belarus, Ukraine and Libya, as well as IB and EB diplomas, are recognised based on provisions of the Polish law and/or international agreements, therefore no additional recognition procedure is required.

In the case of non-Polish and non-EU educational documents (IB and EB diplomas excluded), you have to submit a decision on recognition of your school-leaving certificate or diploma as soon as possible after your arrival to Poland. 

For more information, please go to the Education Office in Warsaw's webpage.

Legal basis: